O Tour de France of 2021 is the 108th edition of the Tour de France cycling event and takes place between June 26 and July 18, 2021 starting in Brest and ending in Paris, France. The course consists of a total of 21 stages over a total distance of 3383 km.
Stay on top of all the details of the Tour de France; see how to follow live on TV and on the internet
- Tadej Pogacar (UAE Team Emirates): 22-year-old Slovenian cyclist who will defend last year’s title. Its great time trial characteristics and its good performance on the mountain make it the number one favourite. Even though his team doesn’t have such a powerful nomina, he knows how to make up for this deficiency with his talent and intelligence within the squad.
- Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma): sub-champion of the last Tour and champion of the last two editions of the Tour de España. The 31-year-old leader of Jumbo-Visma hopes to win the tour he lost the year before in the penultimate time trial. It has the backing of a great team that in the previous year broke the hegemony of INEOS but, nevertheless, I don’t reach him to be the winner.
- Geraint Thomas (Ineos Grenadiers): 35-year-old British cyclist, he already knows what it’s like to win the Tour, having crowned himself champion in 2018. He starts with the most complete team for this Tour. Perhaps this is your last option to go as squad leader, since your lieutenant in the race, Richard Carapaz, is asking for a clue to be leader in case of any eventuality; and surely in the next Tours, the Ecuadorian and Egan Bernal will be the flagships of the team.
- Richard Carapaz (Ineos Grenadiers): the 28-year-old Ecuadorian cyclist, current Tour de Switzerland champion, will be the team’s second bazaar awaiting the performance of Geraint Thomas. In its favor it will have the solidity of, perhaps, the best squadron on the Tour.
- Richie Porte (Ineos Grenadiers): the 36-year-old Australian veteran cyclist, current champion of the Dauphiné Criterion and third place in the last Tour, will be the British team’s third bazaar, awaiting the performance of Geraint Thomas and Richard Carapaz. In its favor it will have the solidity of perhaps the best squad on the Tour and its experience in the race.
- Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-Quick Step): the 29-year-old French cyclist, current world champion and fifth place in the 2019 Tour, in which he led the overall standings for 14 days and lost the yellow card in the 19th stage. It will go like the French hope to win the race.
- Miguel Ángel López (Movistar Team): the 27-year-old Colombian cyclist and sixth in the previous Tour, will seek to improve this position now with his new team, in which he will have to share responsibilities with Enric Mas.
- Enric Mas (Movistar Team): the 26-year-old Spanish rider will look to improve on last year’s fifth place, accompanied by a good team in which he shares leadership with Miguel Ángel López.
Other cyclists called to play a leading role are Tao Geoghegan Hart (Ineos Grenadiers), Wilco Kelderman (Bora-Hansgrohe), Simon Yates (Team BikeExchange) and Rigoberto Urán (EF Education-NIPPO).
where to watch Tour de France today?
All stages will be broadcast live throughout Brazil on ESPN, on closed TV.