After playing four straight games as home team, Flamengo is now preparing for a series of four to seven games away from Maracanã: Juventude, Cuiabá, Fluminense, Atlético-MG, Defensa y Justicia, Bahia and maybe Chapecoense. The clash against the team from Rio Grande do Sul will be next Sunday (27), at 11 am, at the Alfredo Jaconi stadium, in Caxias do Sul (RS).
Four days later (1), Rubro-Negro will face Cuiabá, in Mato Grosso, in a match valid for the eighth round of the Brazilian Championship. On the following Sunday (4), the opponent will be Fluminense, but the derby cannot be at Maracanã, since the stadium is ceded to Conmebol. As Nilton Santos is also sold out and São Januário will have a game the night before (3), the match should go outside the city. Round round back at the front.
After the derby, Flamengo will face Atlético, in Belo Horizonte. The game between two of the candidates for the title is scheduled for the 7th of July. It didn’t stop there. On 7/11, Rubro-Negro faces Chapecoense, as principal. At first, the game will be at Maraca, but the Copa América final will be the night before, and Fla may have little time to prepare the stadium.
After Chapecoense, Flamengo will face Defensa y Justicia (14), for the Libertadores round of 16, and Bahia (18), for the Brasileirão.
- 6/27- Youth x Flamengo – Alfredo Jaconi (RS)
- 1/7 – Cuiabá x Flamengo – Pantanal Arena (MT)
- 4/7 – Flamengo x Fluminense – Undefined location, but it cannot be at Maracanã or Nilton Santos, given to the Copa America
- 7/7 – Atlético-MG x Flamengo – Mineirão (MG)
- 7/11 – Flamengo x Chapecoense – Undefined location due to the Copa América final, which will be on the night of the 10th
- 7/14 – Defense and Justice x Flamengo – Norberto Thomagello (ARG)
- 7/18 – Bahia x Flamengo – Fonte Nova (BA)